Liver Disease Diagnosis and Treatment
- Hospital treatment for patients with hepatic disease in the areas of diagnosis and therapeutic management.
- Performing liver biopsies.
- Performing diagnostic and therapeutic paracentesis.
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic viral hepatitis with peginterferon. Treatment of hepatitis B and C. Use of specific treatment with pegylated interferon and ribavirin, and then the use of triple therapies with selective inhibitors of viral replication (boceprevir-telaprevir).
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus of different strains. Treatment of hepatitis B with selective hepatitis B replication inhibitor drugs (nucleotide/nucleoside analogues).
- Diagnosis and treatment of autoimmune hepatic disease with immunosupressants: autoimmune hepatitis, overlap syndromes, primary biliary cirrhosis, sclerosing cholangitis.
- Diagnosis and treatment of metabolic hepatic disease, hemochromatosis (genetic studies, quantification of iron over load ) Wilson’s disease (quantification of copper in the liver), fatty liver disease (staging of liver injury).
- Diagnosis of focal liver lesions. Protocolised studies of the same. Use of specific imaging studies: liver ultrasound, dynamic liver CT studies, dynamic MRI studies of the liver with diverse paramegnetic contrasts (gadolinium, primovist…). Hepatic arteriography.
- Haemodynamic study of portal hypertension. Measurement of hepatic pressures and trans-jugular liver biopsies using trans-jugular catheterisation.
- Feasibility studies of surgical treatment for liver tumour lesions in patients with liver cirrhosis.
- Treatment of focal liver tumour lesions by percutaneous methods (enolization, hepatic radiofrequency).
- Treatment of liver tumours with transarterial chemoembolization (TACE).
- Treatment of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma using multi-kinase inhibitors.
- Programme of early diagnosis of focal lesions in patients with liver cirrhosis (high risk).
- Evaluation of indication and assessment of patients with advanced liver cirrhosis re liver transplantation.
Start browsing the medical services database through the best health-care professionals in the Malaga area.Meet the teams
Access all the information about Malaga Health medical centres: services, professionals, infrastructures, location, and much more.Visit the centres