Xanit International Hospital
Spanish Society of Pathology (SEAP)
Head of Department
Anatomical Pathology Department
Hospital Clínico Universitario Virgen de la Victoria
Head of Unit
Anatomical Pathology Unit
Hospital Vithas - Parque San Antonio
Trustee of the Scientific Foundation of the Spanish Association Against Cancer (AECC), Member of the National Executive Council, National Technical Committee Member
- Gallego E, Vicioso L, Álvarez M, Hierro I, Pérez-Villa L, et al. Stromal expression of vascular endothelial growth factor C is relevant to predict sentinel lymph node status in melanomas. Virchows Arch. 2011 May;458(5):621-30.
- Rueda A, Cazorla O, Pérez L, Álvarez M, Redondo M, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 tumor expression in patients with advanced laryngeal cancer after induction chemotherapy for organ preservation Head Neck. 2010;33:808-816.
- Vicioso L, González FJ, Álvarez M, Ribelles N, Molina M, et al. Elevated serum levels of vascular endothelial growth factor are associated with tumor-associated macrophages in primary breast cancer. Am J Clin Pathol. 2006 Jan;125(1):111-118.
- Díaz-Cano SJ, Blanes A, Rubio J, Matilla A, Wolfe HJ. Molecular evolution and intratumor heterogeneity by topographic compartments in muscle - invasive transionational cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder. Lab Invest 2000; 80(3):279-89.
- López-Beltrán A, Crohan A, Croghan I, Matilla I, Gaeta J. Prognostic factors in bladder cancer.Am Jour Clin Pathol 1994,1:109-11.
Director of the Pathology Clinical Management Unit (between 2009 and 2012) and Coordinator of the Hospital Tumor Registry (since 1992 to 2012)., Hospital Clínico Universitario Virgen de la Victoria, Málaga, -
Head of Unit, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Sevilla, 1974-1980
Head of Unit, Hospital Clínico Provincial, Salamanca, -1973
Fellow, British Council, London, -1972
Investigator, Technical President and Provincial Vice-president, AECC, Málaga, 1982-2013
Vice-Chancellor, University of Málaga, Málaga, 1982-1987
- National Award (biennial) "Santiago Ramón y Cajal" of the Spanish Society of Pathology and Spanish Division of the International Academy of Pathology (SEAP-IAP)
- National Award of Vocation
- Degree in Schoolteaching
- AECC, Spanish Academy of Dermatology, Andalusian Cancer Society, Malaga Academy of Sciences
- American Academy of Pathology
- SEAP-IAP (Spanish and International Society of Pathology)
Start browsing the medical services database through the best health-care professionals in the Malaga area.Meet the teams
Access all the information about Malaga Health medical centres: services, professionals, infrastructures, location, and much more.Visit the centres